Back to school time is upon us...
Summer is a time where we seem to have fewer scheduled responsibilities, a little more time, and a lot more time outdoors because of the sunny weather. This allows us to be more active naturally. Fall starts and all of a sudden our activity levels take a nose dive. While some of us find ourselves in gyms and yoga studios, there are a few that just can't find that time. Here are 5 things you can do that will add more movement into your life without having to book an hour of time out of your day.
Note: this isn't going to be a list of 'taking the stairs rather than the escalator' kind of thing. Also... please listen to your body first, me second. If you haven't jumped off of something in many years, start small, like a curb.
1. Walking to your car in a parking lot? Find the curb and walk in it. This will keep your balance in check.
2. Doing the laundry? Practice your squatting. First working your range of motion, then start to build up the time that you can stay in a squat position.
3. Walking by a bench and no one is on it? Do a few step ups or jump up/off the bench. Feeling more adventurous? Vault over it!
4. Keep your spine healthy by moving it! Follow Ed through this short video each time you find yourself in a little space.
5. Take a deep breath. When you step outside, whether it is warm or cold out... on the way to your car, stop and take a deep breath of fresh air. Feeling grounded through your feet, feeling space around you.
Interested in more ideas to add movement into your life? Look around you, even while standing in line at Costco you can do a few deep squats, just pretend you are looking at the items in the bottom of your cart. ;)